Recently several Call of Duty: Modern Warzone players are pointing out the Dev Error 6634 error while they are playing the game. The same error has been reported mainly on PC, Xbox Series S/ Xbox Series X and PS5 platforms. When the error appears on the screen, it becomes an annoyance, sometimes freezing games.
There are several reasons for the Dev Error 6634, including a mounted cache of Call of Duty Modern Warfare, wrong multiplayer packs installation on consoles and many more. If you are also affected by this error and searching for reliable solutions, then you are in the right place. In this article, we have compiled some sure solutions to tackle the Dev Error 6634 in the Warzone issue quickly. Let’s have a look.
- Restart the System and launch the game again.
- Restart the router and switch to a wired connection.
- Make sure unwanted applications/programs are not running in the background.
- Ensure you have a stable and fast internet connection.
If any of the above strategies do not help you, you need to go down to get sure solutions to avoid Dev Error 6634 in Warson from PC, Xbox Series S / Xbox Series X and PS5.
Fix 1: Unequip the watch Item:
Mostly the Dev Error 6634 in Warzone can occur as a result of the watch + operator combination. So here, the best possible solution you can try is unequipping the Call of Duty Modern Warfare watch item.
To do so,
- Firstly, launch the game and from the menu, click on WEAPONS from the top menu.
- Inside the WEAPON menu, select the WATCH SELECT option from the drop-down menu.
- Then from the left side of the screen, select the None option and save the changes.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix 2: Repair Game Files:
The Dev Error 6634 in Warzone indicates there is an integrity issue with the game files. Here the best possible solution is to scan and repair game files.
To do so,
- Firstly, open the Battle.net client.
- Then from the screen, click on Call of Duty: MW and from the right side, select Options and click on Scan and Repair from the drop-down menu.
- Now in the Scan and Repair Installation prompt, click on Begin Scan tab.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check whether the said issue is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Driver:
Another solution for the Dev Error 6634 in Warzone is updating the graphics driver. If your graphics driver is outdated or corrupted, then you will receive the same error. In this scenario, you need to update your driver as soon as possible to get rid of the same issue,
To do so,
- Firstly, right-click over the Start button and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Then inside the Device Manager window, select and expand the option Display adapters.
- Then right-click over the Graphics driver and click on the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved.
You can also update the graphics driver automatically by depending on any third-party driver updater tool. There are several such tools available online; you can depend on a trusty one from them.
Fix 4: Reinstall All Shaders:
Shaders is a program designed for rendering different pixels. Here you can try reinstalling the shaders to avoid Dev error 6634 in Warson.
To do so,
- Firstly, open Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and select Options.
- Then from the top menu, click on the GRAPHICS tab and select the Restart Shaders Installation option.
- Now click on RESTART from the newly opened prompt.
- Once the process is complete, restart the game and check for improvement.
Fix 5: Update Windows:
At times, the outdated Windows might cause to occur the Dev Error 6634 in Warzone on PC. Here the possible solution is updating Windows to the latest version with the latest security patches.
To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I to launch the Settings app.
- Then inside the Settings, click on the Update & Security option.
- Now select Windows Update and click on Check for updates tab from the right pane menu.
- Once done, restart the System and check for improvements.
Fix 6: Change Loadouts and Operators:
As per some suffered users, they finally managed to escape from the Dev Error 6634 in Warzone by changing the loadouts, skin and operators. So here also we recommend the same. If you are using Black Ops Cold War loadouts and operators, then switch to Modern Warfare ones, and you need to remove all skins as well.
Fix 7: Switch to Another Account:
If the Dev Error 6634 issue is appearing in the current account, then you can try another account on the same System. If the issue is solved now, then you can continue using the new account and check the difference between both accounts.
These are all about the Dev Error 6634 in Warzone issue and its sure solutions. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.