Destiny 2 is a free-to-play, first-person shooting online video game available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Google Stadia, and Microsoft Windows. This first-person shooter game was designed and developed by Bungie Inc at the end of 2017. Nowadays, many Destiny 2 Season 15 players reported that a missing api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll file error prevented them from launching the game.
There are several reasons for the missing api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll error. Suppose the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing or damaged, corrupted by malicious applications installed on your system or a broken Windows registry; you might get the same error. Unfortunately, the exact solution for the same error is not officially revealed.
But in this article, we will show you some workarounds for the same error. As a first step to resolve the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll missing error, you can try the below-mentioned fixes. We will update you with the official fixes for the same error in the near days.
Fix 1: Install the latest DLL Version:
As a first attempt to resolve the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll missing error, you need to download the latest DLL version from its official website. To reinstall the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll missing file, follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to the DLL.FILES.COM site.
- Then in the search box, type api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll and click on the Search DLL file tab.
- Here click on the DLL file link, and scroll down to find and download the highest version.
- Now you can install the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll highest version on your system.
- Once done, check whether the said issue is resolved for you or not.
Note: In PC games, the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll needed to be placed in the game installation folder. Generally, the DLL file is stored in the Windows system folder.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Destiny 2 Game:
The missing api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll error can quickly get resolved by reinstalling the problematic application. So, here you need to reinstall the Destiny 2 game application. To reinstall the game, you can follow these below steps,
- Firstly, in the taskbar search box, type Apps and open the Apps and features option from the search result.
- Inside the Apps and features window, scroll down and select the Destiny 2 game from the list of applications.
- Then right-click over the game and click on Uninstall tab to remove the app from your system.
- Once done, go to the official website of Destiny 2 and download and install the game again on your system.
- Now the issue will get solved for you.
Fix 3: Repair the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your PC:
Users who already have Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in their system, need to repair it, to get rid of the Destiny 2 not launching & working due to missing “api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll” error. To repair the visual C++ Redistribution for Visual Studio 2015, you can follow these below steps,
- Firstly, type Control Panel in the taskbar search box and open the relevant search result.
- Inside the Control panel window, select the Program and Features option.
- Then select and right-click over Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable from the list of programs and click on the Change option.
- In the newly opened prompt, click on the Repair tab, and if User Account Control (UAC) appeared on the screen, click on Yes.
- Now follow the on-screen instruction and complete the repair process.
Some More Workarounds:
Update Windows: Sometimes, the missing “api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll” error can also occur due to an outdated Operating system. In this scenario, you can update your Windows and check for improvement.
Update Drivers: Sometimes updating all the drivers to the latest version installed on your system might help you to escape from this mess.
Download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015: You can also download Visual Studio 2015 directly from Microsoft official page to resolve the same error. Before downloading the program, please note down your System Type, x64 or x86(x32). Inside the System Information menu, you will get this information.
These are all about the Destiny 2 not launching & working due to missing “api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll” error, and these are unofficial solutions. You can try the above fixes because these are all basic tricks to resolve the same generic error. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.