Deathloop is an adventurous multiplayer video game developed by Arkane Studios. The game was released on September 14, 2021, and is currently available on PlayStation 5 and Microsoft Windows. Recently, several players have complained that the Deathloop is crashing, and they can’t even launch the game.
There are several reasons for the same issues, such as outdated graphics cards, corrupted game files, overlays and many more. If you are also experiencing the Deathloop crashing or freezing issue, then follow this article till the end. Here we have gathered some sure solutions and workarounds to tackle the same problem on your PC. Let’s check it out in detail,
- Make sure your system meets the minimum requirement to run the Deathloop.
- Check you have a stable internet connection while playing online.
- You can lower the Visual Settings. PlayStation 5 players can run the game on Performance Mode.
- Microsoft Windows players can change the Frame rate to 60 FPS.
- Update your Windows Operating System.
Suppose you have tried all the above strategies and the problem persists. In that case, you need to follow the definitive solutions given below to solve the Deathloop crashing and freezing issue.
Fix 1: Run Deathloop with Administrative access:
As a first resort to escape from the Deathloop crashing and Black screen issue, you need to run the game with administrative access. To run the game with admin access, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to the Deathloop Installation folder and right-click over the Deathloop.exe file and select its Properties.
- Now in the Deathloop.exe Properties window, select the Compatability tab from the top horizontal menu.
- Then tick the checkbox beside the option Run this program as an administrator under the Settings section and click OK.
- Once done, restart the game and check the said issue is resolved for you or not.
Fix 2: Update Graphics Driver:
As we discussed earlier, the Deathloop crashing or freezing issue can occur as a result of an outdated graphics driver. In this case, the better option is to update the driver quickly to get rid of the same issue.
To update the Graphics driver, you can follow these below steps,
- Firstly, right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Inside the Device Manager, select and expand the option Display adapters and choose the driver you need to update.
- Right-click over the desired driver and click on the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue persists or not.
Fix 3: Disable RivaTuner:
For PC gamers, RivaTuner is one of the best programs, but sometimes it might cause issues with the Deathloop. Disabling the RivaTuner helped several players from the Deathloop crashing and freezing issue. If you are also using RivaTuner, then you can also follow this trick and relaunch the game and check for improvement.
Note: You can also change the Application detection level to Medium.
Fix 4: Run the game with Dedicated GPU:
Another solution to resolve the Deathloop crashing and Black screen issue is to use a dedicated GPU. To select the dedicated GPU manually, you can follow these below steps,
- Firstly, in the taskbar search box, type Graphics settings and select the relevant search result.
- Inside the Graphics settings window, click on the Browse tab under the Choose an app to set preference section.
- Then go to the Game installation folder and click on the Add button to add the Deathloop.exe file.
- In the newly opened prompt, click on the Options tab.
- Then in the Graphics preference window, click on the radio button beside the option High performance and click on Save.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix 5: You need to Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
If the game files are corrupted or missing, it can cause the game to crash and freeze. All you can do here is check the integrity of the game files. To check the integrity of the game files, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly, open the Steam client and click on the LIBRARY.
- Then select Deathloop from the game list and right-click over it, and choose its Properties.
- Now select LOCAL FILES and click on verify integrity of game files option.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the issue is resolved for now.
Fix 6: Update Visual C++ Redistributables:
If the error persists, you still need to update your Visual C ++ Redistributables. You can follow these steps to update Visual C ++ Redistributables,
- Firstly, go to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable page click on the download tab. Make sure you have selected the compatible version (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Then click on the Next button to continue the download process.
- Once downloaded, double click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Fix 7: Turn Off Overlay:
If any of the above solutions did not come to your help, then you need to turn off the Overlay. Sometimes the enabled Overlay will interfere with the Deathloop and might lead to a crash and freeze on the PC. In this scenario, you need to turn off the Overlay to overcome the same issue.
For Steam users:
- Firstly, open the Steam client and click on Settings.
- Then select In-Game from the left pane menu and untick the checkbox beside the option Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game and click on OK.
For Discord users:
- Firstly, open the Discord and click on the Settings icon from the bottom left corner.
- Then select Overlay under the APP SETTINGS section and turn off the toggle beside the option Enable in-game Overlay.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the said issue is resolved or not.
These are all about the Deathloop crashing and Black screen issue and its solutions. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.