Kojima Productions’ latest big title is Death Striking Director’s Cut, an action thriller game set in the United States. In the game, players control Sam Porter and deliver cargo to dozens of broken, post-apocalyptic America outposts. Although the game gained widespread acclaim in this short time, few players reported that they could not play the game due to crashing or shuttering issues.
There can be multiple reasons for this frustrating issue; at the same time, there are many tricks also available there for players to isolate the same. If you are searching for reliable ways to escape from the crashing/lagging or not launching issue in Death Stranding Director’s Cut, then you rely on this article. Here you will find all the possible solutions to deal with the same issues. Then let’s have a look.
- Check System requirement
- Disable unwanted services running in the background
- Install the Latest game patch
- Deactivate third-party antivirus
You can try these basic tricks and see if any solution solves your issue; otherwise, go to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Launch as Administrator
The prime step to resolve the Death Stranding Director’s Cut Crashing or not launching issue is launch the game as an administrator. To do so,
- Firstly, navigate to the Death Stranding Director’s Cut installation folder, right-click on the Death Stranding Director’s Cut.exe file and choose the Properties option.
- Inside the new screen, select the Compatibility tab, tick the checkbox beside the Run this program as an administrator and click on OK.
- Finally, restart the system and run the game again.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes your Graphics driver is the main culprit behind the Death Stranding Director’s Cut Crashing or shuttering issue. In this situation, you will need to update your driver and try playing the game again. To do so,
- Firstly, type “device” in your search box and open the Device Manager window from the top search result.
- Then expand the section Display adapters, and from the list of drivers, right-click on your Graphics driver currently using.
- And choose the Update driver option from the drop-down menu list and wait until the driver gets updated.
- Finally, restart the system and run the game again.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files Integrity
If any of your Death Stranding Director’s Cut files get damaged or missing during the installation, then the game will hesitate to launch on your game smoothly and crash at the startup screen. In this case, you can check the integrity of game files and then run the game. To do so
- Firstly, open Steam and click on its Library section from the home window.
- In the Library section, right-click on the Weird West icon and choose the Properties.
- Inside the Properties screen, select the Local Files and choose the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Finally, relaunch the game and run it without any issue.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
Sometimes the enabled overlays may be causing the causing or shuttering issue in Death Stranding Director’s Cut. Here you can disable all the overlays such as GeForce Experience, Discord and third-party overlay software. Additionally, you need to make sure you have disabled the Steam in-game overlay feature. Once you have checked, relaunch the game and see you can play the game smoothly on your system or not.
Fix 5: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
In most cases, just installing the Visual C++ redistributable will allow you to get rid of the Death Stranding Director’s Cut crashing or lagging issue. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable webpage and choose the X64 and X86 files.
- Once selected, download and install them on your system and see the result.
Fix 6: Install DirectX
If you fell into the Death Stranding Director’s Cut crashing or lagging issue, then you can reinstall the latest DirectX version to escape from the same issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and go to the Microsoft DirectX download page.
- Then click on the Download button from the screen and install the same on your system.
- Finally, restart the system and see now you can run the game without the reported issues.
Fix 7: Lower Graphics Settings
The most important thing you can do when experiencing a Death Stranding Director’s Cut crash or black screen problem is to lower all graphics settings. You can go to the Video settings, find the graphics settings, and lower all the settings. After making the changes run the game again and see the said issue is resolved
Fix 8: Update Windows
Another solution to overcome the Death Stranding Director’s Cut crashing or freezing issue is updating your Windows. You need to make sure your Windows is up to date, or you can update it as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings window on the computer desktop.
- Then choose the Windows Update option, click the Check for updates tab and continue the process.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see now you can run the game without the reported issues.
Fix 9: Perform Clean Boot
Sometimes performing a clean boot procedure will allow you to run the Death Stranding Director’s Cut on your system without any crashing or shuttering issues. To do so,
- Firstly, type “System Configuration” on your search box and launch the first result from the search list.
- Inside the new screen, select the Services tab, tick the checkbox beside the Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable all and OK button.
- Now find the Startup tab and select the Open Task Manager link.
- On the next screen, select the Startup tab and Disable all the services from the list.
- Once done, enable one service at a time and check the issue is solved; continue the process until you get the problematic service and then uninstall that problematic service from your system.
- Finally, restart the system and check whether the issue is solved for you or not.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If all of the above solutions turn out to be helpless to overcome the crashing or not launching issue in the Death Stranding Director’s Cut, then you can uninstall the game completely. After this process, reinstall the game on your system and continue the gameplay.
These are all about the Death Stranding Director’s Cut Crashing, Stuttering, Lagging or Not Launching issue on PC and its effective fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.