Cult of the Lamb is a massive action rogue-like game developed by Massive Monster and now available on all major platforms. Game players are tasked with starting their own cult in the land of false prophets, venturing into diverse and mysterious regions in order to build a loyal community of woodland followers. But some players have complained that they are unable to participate in the game due to crashes and lagging issues.
If you are also struggling with the same issues, then you can pursue this article. However, here we have listed a few solutions to quickly overcome freezing or not launching issues in your Cult of the Lamb game. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the Latest Game Patch
- Disable your Antivirus
- Close unwanted background App/ Services
- Lower graphics settings
- Check System Requirement
These are the basic strategies you can try to solve your problem, if these solutions don’t help you, you can follow the detailed solutions given-below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first step to resolving the Cult of the Lamb crashing or not launching issue is running the game with administrator privilege. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Cult of the Lamb installation folder->right-click on the Cult of the Lamb.exe file->select Properties-> select Compatibility tab-> tick beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, save the changes and run the game again to see the result.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your graphics driver gets damaged, then the game won’t launch on your system. In this situation, update the driver you are currently using and see its improvement. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager screen->expand Display adapters->right-click on your Graphics driver->select the Update Driver option.
- Once done, restart the system and launch the game again on your system.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Sometimes corrupted game files can cause the game to crash or lag at the startup screen. In this case, you need to check the game files integrity as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam->Library->right-click on Cult of the Lamb icon->choose Properties->Local Files->Verify integrity of game files.
- Once done, launch the game again on your system and see its performance.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
- Open Discord->Settings icon->Overlay->turn on Enable in-game overlay option.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience->Settings icon->turn on In-game Overlay option.
- Once done, you can start the game again on your system.
Fix 5: Update Windows
Sometimes updating your Windows operating system will allow you to run the game without any trouble. To do so,
- Firstly, open Settings->Windows update->Check for updates and complete the process.
- Once done, you can run the game again on your system and feel the improvement.
Fix 6: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
At times reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable might help you to resolve Cult of the Lamb crashing or Low FPS issues. To do so,
- Open your browser->go to Visual C++ Redistributable webpage-> select x64, x86 files-> download and install them on your system.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see the improvement.
Fix 7: Install DirectX
If you don’t have the DirectX package on your system, you need to install it and launch the game again. To do so,
- Open your browser-> go to DirectX webpage-> select Language->click Download.
- Once the package is installed on your system, relaunch the game and see the result.
Fix 8: Disable Overclocking
Another main reason for the crashing or black screen issue in Cult of the Lamb is the enabled overclocking feature. In this case, you need to disable the overclocking and relaunch the game.
Fix 9: Disable VSync
In some cases, disabling the VSync option is an easy way to get rid of the crashing or not launching problem in Cult of the Lamb. To do so
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Virtual Sync->then disable the Sync option.
- Open IntelHD Graphics Control Panel->3D General Settings->Custom Settings->Virtual Sync->turn off VSync option.
- Once done, you can launch the game again and see its performance.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
As a last resort to resolve the same issue you can uninstall the game from your system. Once done, restart the system, reinstall the game from a relevant source and start the game again.
These are all about the Cult of the Lamb Crashing/ Freezing/ Lagging/ Black Screen or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.