Core Keeper is a stunning co-op pixel graphics online game recently released by Pugstorm. The game allows players to mine, build, craft, and cultivate to unwind the mystery of the ancient core. But some Core Keeper downloaded players complained that they couldn’t start the game due to crashing and shuttering issues, while others could not even launch the game on their system.
There can be a number of reasons for these issues, including outdated drivers and corrupted system files, and more. If you are suffering from Core Keeper crashing or shuttering or won’t launch issue, you can rely on this trusted article to get all the solutions. Then just go through the detailed solutions listed below without wasting much time.
- Ensure you installed the latest game patch
- Disable Antivirus temporarily
- Close unnecessary apps/programs running in the background
- Check system requirement
If any of the above tricks do not help you solve your issues, you can go to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
As a first step to resolve the Core Keeper crashing or freezing issue, you can launch the game as administrator. To do so,
- Firstly, locate the Core Keeper installation folder and right-click on the Core Keeper.exe file.
- Then select the Properties option, and inside the Properties screen, select the Compatibility tab.
- Now under the Settings section, tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator and click on OK.
- Finally, restart the system and see the changes in your game’s performance.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes an outdated graphics driver can cause the Core Keeper on your system to crash or shutter. The best solution for this is to update the driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager window on your system and expand the section Display adapters. Then select and right-click on your Graphics driver and click on the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Finally, restart the system and see the issue again disturbing you or not.
Fix 3: Check Game Files Integrity
At times, simply checking the integrity of game files might help you resolve the Core Keeper crashing or not launching issue. to do so,
- Firstly, open Steam on your system desktop screen and click on the Library section.
- Then select Core Keeper from the game list and right-click over it to select its Properties option.
- On the next screen, click on the Local Files section and select the Verify integrity of game files option.
- Finally, restart the game and see the issue isolated from your system.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay
Sometimes the Overlay feature may be the main reason for the Core Keeper crashing or shuttering issue. In this case, you need to disable your overlay and relaunch the game. You can disable the Steam in-game overlay function, GeForce Experience overlay, and all third-party overlay tools.
Fix 5: Update Windows
In some cases, your outdated Windows operating system may not be compatible with the Core Keeper game and lead to a crash or not launching issue. Here you need to update your Windows and run the game again on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu on your system and click on the Update & Security section.
- Then select the Windows Update option and click on the Check for updates button from the right top side of the screen.
- Finally, relaunch the game and feel the game’s improvement in performance.
Fix 6: Adjust GPU Settings
Sometimes changing a few settings in the GPU might help you resolve Core Keeper crashing or not launching issue. To do so,
- Firstly, right-click on any empty space on your desktop and select the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Then select the Display option and click on the Adjust desktop size and position.
- Now under the Scaling section, select No Scaling and save the changes.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check whether the game is running without any issue.
Fix 7: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
Another solution to tackle the Core Keeper crashing or shuttering issue is reinstalling the Visual C++ redistributable. To do so,
- Firstly, launch your browser and go to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable webpage.
- Inside the newly opened screen, click on both x64 and x86 files to download and install on your system.
- Once you have installed them on your system successfully, relaunch the game and check improvement.
Fix 8: Lower Graphics Settings
If the Core Keeper crashes or does not launch on your system, then you need to change the display settings in your game. You can go to the Graphics Settings section, change all the settings to Low and see the result.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game
If issues persist, you may need to uninstall the game from your system completely. When you are done, reinstall the game from a trusted source, it will help you to solve all the problems.
These are all about the Core Keeper Crashing/Freezing/Shuttering or Won’t Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.