I know why you are here; after failed to connect the printer through the network, right? Then don’t worry you are not alone with the same issue. A lot of system users requested us to find a solution for this issue.
After deep research, we have found the solution for the same and in this article, we give you a detailed solution below. After going through this article till the end, you will be able to connect your printer with the network easily. Instead of wasting the time let’s move to the solution;
To connect your Printer to the network, follow these steps;
- Firstly, there are two options: You need to connect your printer with a wired connection then you need to connect a network cable to your printer as well as to the router. If you need to connect the printer wirelessly, then you can connect the printer to the available wireless network in the settings on your printer.
- Then Turn On your Printer. Now in the desktop search bar type, RUN and open the RUN dialog box. In the RUN dialog box, type control and press OK.
- Now the Control Panel window will appear on the screen, there select from the View by option Large icons.
- Here select the Device and Printers option. In the newly opened window select Add a printer from the top right corner of the screen.
- In case you are using Windows 7, then select the option Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. Otherwise, you can skip this step.
Further in Add a device wizard, follow these steps,
- In the Add a device window, locate your printer and then click on Next. Now you need to follow the on-screen instructions to add the selected printer to the computer.
- In case, you didn’t find the printer, then you need to click on The printer that I want isn’t listed option. You can see this option at the bottom of the Add a device window.
- Then in the next newly opened window, select the options; Select a shared printer by name and then click on Browse.
- The next option is to find your printer using the IP address. For that choose the option Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname. (here you need to check your printer manual to find the IP address). After selecting any of the options, click on Next and add the printer to your system.
- Then to make sure your printer is running properly, you can update the Printer driver. This is not a mandatory option.
- Once done, restart your system, and check now your printer is correctly connected.
After you followed all these steps, now your printer might connect properly. The steps given above are so simple and easy to apply. Here you don’t need any professional bits of help. Anyway, we hope at the end of this article you will be happy and able to connect your printer correctly. After reading the article, have any queries or doubts, write the comment in the given comment box.