Catizens is an excellent colony management simulation game recently published by HeroCraft PC. In the game, you are tasked with helping cats build and grow their habitats while overcoming environmental and wildlife challenges. But quite a few players have complained about the game as they are unable to start the game due to crashing or launching issues.
If you are also struggling with the same issues, then you are not alone. In this article, we have gathered a few solutions to overcome your Catizens crashing or freezing issue quickly. Then we can move on to the exact solutions without delay.
- Install Latest Game Patch
- Close unwanted background running apps/services
- Disable antivirus
- Lower Graphics settings
- Check System Requirements
These are the basic solutions to solve your discussed problem, if any of these tricks don’t help you, then you can move on to the below-listed solutions.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first solution to resolve the Catizens crashing or not launching issue is running the game with admin privilege. To do so,
- Open Catizens installation folder-> right-click on Catizens.exe file->choose Properties->select Compatibility tab->tick beside Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, relaunch the game, and see if the issue is resolved in your case.
Fix 2: Update Driver
At times, updating the graphics driver you are currently using may help you solve similar problems. To do so,
- Open Device manager->choose Display adapters section->right-click on Graphics driver->select Update driver.
- Once done, restart the system and see if the issue persists or not.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Sometimes verifying game files’ integrity will allow you to escape from the crashing or lagging issue. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Catizens icon->select Properties-> click on Local Files-> select Verify integrity of game files.
- Once done, restart the game and see the issue resolved in your case.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
In some instances, disabling the Overlay feature is the best option to resolve Catizens crashing or shuttering issues quickly.
In GeForce Experience,
Open GeForce Experience->click on Settings icon->turn off In-game overlay.
- Open Discord->click on Settings icon->Overlay-> turn off toggle next to Enable in-game overlay option.
Fix 5: Update Windows
Outdated Windows may cause the same problem in your game. In this case, you can update Windows and start the game. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu->click on Windows update->choose the Check for updates button.
- Once done, you can start the game and check whether the discussed issue is resolved or not.
Fix 6: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Sometimes, installing Visual C++ Redistributable will help you to escape from Catizens crashing or Black screen issues. To do so,
- Open browser-> Visual C++ Redistributable page->click on x64, x86 files->download them on your PC.
- Once done, install the files and see the issue eliminated from the system.
Fix 7: Install DirectX
Another solution to get rid of the Catizens low FPS or shuttering issue is installing the DirectX package on your system. To do so,
- Open browser->DirectX page->choose Language->click on Download button.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game and check the said issue is resolved on your system.
Fix 8: Disable Overclocking
If the overclocking feature is enabled to increase the game performance, you need to disable the same feature and see the improvement.
Fix 9: Disable VSync
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel-> click on Manage 3D Settings->select Virtual Sync->disable Sync option.
- Open IntelHD Graphics Control Panel->choose 3D General Settings->Custom Settings->Virtual Sync->toggle off beside VSync option.
Fix: 10 Reinstall the Game
If none of the above listed detailed solutions help you, then you can uninstall and reinstall the game from a trusty source and see the result.
These are all about the Catizens Crashing/ Lagging/ Shuttering/ Black Screen/ Low FPS or Not Launching issue on PC. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.