Another big title from Activision, Call of Duty Warzone 2.0, was recently released, and it now features a new map, Al Mazrah. This massive free-to-play combat arena features the much-awaited DMZ mode, redesigned maps in multiplayer, and a special ops mission prior to the first raid episode. But recently few players have complained that they are unable to play the game due to crashing and stuttering issues.
If you can’t jump into a sprawling battlefield in the metropolitan area and rural suburbs within the Republic of Adel, you’re in the right place. Here we have listed a few solutions to bypass your issues quickly and effectively. Then let’s have a look.
- Install the latest game patch
- Close unwanted background running apps/ programs
- Update Windows
- Disable Antivirus temporarily
- Check System Requirement
If these solutions do not help in your case, then go through the detailed solutions listed below,
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
The first attempt to resolve the Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 crashing or lagging issue is running the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Open the game installation folder->right-click on Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0.exe file-> Properties->select Compatibility tab->choose Run this program as an administrator and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes updating your Graphics driver might allow you to launch the game without any crashing or freezing issues. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->Display adapters-> right-click on Graphics driver->choose Update driver from the sub-menu and relaunch the game.
Fix 3: Disable Overlays
If you use third-party overlays to improve the performance of the game, you may face lagging or black screen issues. Here you can disable the overlay and start the game,
In GeForce Experience– Click on Settings-> turn off the toggle next to In-game overlay and start the game.
In Discord– Click on Settings->Overlay-> turn off the toggle next to Enable in-game overlay and start the game.
Fix 4: Verify Game Files
Another solution to resolve the same issue is to repair the game files. To do so
- Open Steam-> Library->right-click on Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0->Properties-> Local Files->Verify integrity of game files and relaunch the game to see the improvement.
Fix 5: Disable VSync
If you are facing low FPS or freezing issues in Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, then you should disable the VSync feature. To do so,
In NVIDIA– open NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Virtual Sync and disable the Sync option.
In IntelHD Graphics– open the IntelHD graphics control panel->3D General Settings->Custom Settings->Virtual Sync and disable the Sync option.
Fix 6: Install DirectX
In most cases, reinstalling the DirectX package will help you to resolve Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 low FPS or stuttering issues. To do so,
- Open the DirectX page-> choose Language-> click on the Download button, install it on your system and relaunch the game.
Fix 7: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
Sometimes reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable will allow you to resolve the crashing or lagging issue in Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0. To do so,
- Open Visual C++ Redistributable-> select and download x64 and x86 files, install them on your system and relaunch the game.
Fix 8: Launch the Game in DirectX11
At times simply relaunching the game in -dx11 will help you get rid of the discussed issues. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library->right-click on Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0->Properties-> General tab-> under Launch Options type, -dx11 and relaunch the game.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should uninstall the game and restart your system. Once your system restarts, reinstall the game and see the issue gets solved for you.
These are all about the Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 Crashing, Freezing, Lagging, Low FPS or Not Launching issues on PC. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.