Recently lots of Windows 11 users have been reported that while trying to play Call of Duty: Vanguard, they get an Error Code 0xc0000005(0) N, and the game stops running abruptly. So far, the game developers are trying hard to resolve the same issue, and there has been no official fix till now.
As per our research, there are several causes behind this error, such as corrupted files, outdated drivers and many more. However, in this article, we have tried to provide some effective solutions to get rid of the same error. If you are one of the users facing Call of Duty: Vanguard Error Code 0xc0000005(0) N on the system screen, then you can depend on the below-given solutions. Without further ado, let’s check out the solutions in detail.
Fix 1: Delete Player Folder:
Another solution to overcome the Call of Duty: Vanguard Error Code 0xc0000005(0) N issue is deleting the Player folder from the Call of Duty: Vanguard downloaded folder. To do so,
- Firstly, press Window + E to launch the File Explorer on your screen.
- In the File Explorer window, select Documents from the left pane menu.
- From the list of files, select the Call of Duty: Vanguard folder and double-click on it to expand the same.
- Now from the list of folders and select and uninstall the Players folder.
- Finally, restart the system and see the error message persists or is not on your screen.
Fix 2: Download Latest Game Patch:
If you miss downloading and installing the latest game patch released by the game developer, then also you will get the Call of Duty: Vanguard Error Code 0xc0000005(0) N issue on your Windows 11. All game developers frequently release new patches to improve the performance and get rid of the existing issues. So here, you need to install the latest game patch and see the result.
Fix 3: Run SFC Scan:
Sometimes, corrupted system files might be the main culprit behind the Call of Duty: Vanguard Error Code 0xc0000005(0) N issue on your Windows 11. The effective solution here is running the SFC tool to repair corrupted system files. To do so,
- Firstly, in the Windows search box, type cmd and open the Command Prompt window.
- Open the Command Prompt window and ensure you open it as Run as administrator.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter to begin the scanning process,
- Finally, restart the system and check your game is free from said error.
Fix 4: Update Driver:
If your Graphics driver gets damaged, then any games on your system might not run properly. In this scenario, the best effective solution is to update the driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, in your Search box, type Device Manager and open the first option from the search result.
- Then select and double-click on the Display adapters section and choose the Graphics driver.
- Now right-click on the Graphics driver and select the Update driver from the sub-menu.
- Finally, restart the system and see the error eliminated from your game.
If the manual process is not suitable for you to follow, you can use a third-party driver update tool. There are many such tools available online that will not only update the graphics driver but also all the drivers installed on your system.
Fix 5: Update Windows:
If your Window is outdated, then also you will face the Call of Duty: Vanguard Error Code 0xc0000005(0) N prompt on your Windows 11 screen. To avoid this error, you need to update your Window to the latest update. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether to open the Settings menu.
- Inside the Settings menu, select Windows Update and click on Check for updates button from the right side of the screen.
- Finally, check now you can run the game on the system without any issue.
Fix 6: Disable Overlay:
At times, simply disabling the overlay might allow you to resolve the Call of Duty: Vanguard Error Code 0xc0000005(0) N issue on your Windows 11. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience, go to its Settings icon and click on it.
- Then select the In-game overlay option from the right side from the newly opened screen.
- Firstly, open Discord, go to its Settings icon and click on it.
- Then choose the Overlay option from the left-side screen.
- And locate and toggle Off beside Enable in-game overlay option.
- Finally, the said error might get eliminated from your system.
Fix 7: Disable Overclock:
As per some suffered users disabling the overclock might help you to resolve the Call of Duty: Vanguard Error Code 0xc0000005(0) N issue on Windows 11. This trick has helped many users, so we highly recommend it to you. If you are using any apps like MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner, disable it and see the result.
Fix 8: Reinstall the Game:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you can uninstall the Call of Duty: Vanguard from your system. make sure you uninstalled all the files related to the same. Then reinstall the game from its official website.
So these are the best reliable solutions for the Call of Duty: Vanguard Error Code 0xc0000005(0) N issue on Windows 11. In addition to all the above fixes, you can reset your Windows system and see it helps or not. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.