Recently a few players have complained that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 keeps crashing during the campaign, and they get 33/39/45 missing files errors. The same issue is not limited to Windows 10/11 players but also affects Battle.net users. As per some players, the game does not even launch properly.
If you are suffering from the same issue and looking for surefire solutions, then you are at the right place. Here we have listed a few solutions that would help you to resolve the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Files 33/39/45 Failed to Validate & Will Be Reacquired issue quickly and effectively. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Install Media Feature Pack (Windows N Edition)
The first attempt to resolve the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Files 33/39/45 Failed To Validate & Will Be Reacquired issue is installing the Media Feature pack and relaunching the game. To do so,
- Open Settings -> Apps & Features – > select Optional features link-> click on Add Feature-> locate and install Media Feature Pack.
- Once done, reboot the system and try again to run the game.
Fix 2: Disable Full Screen Optimization
Another solution to resolve the same issue is to disable the full screen optimization feature and relaunch the game with administrative privilege. To do so,
- Go to the game installation folder-> right-click on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.exe file, and choose Properties.
- Then choose the Compatibility tab-> untick Disable fullscreen optimizations option and save the changes.
- Please remember to tick Run this program as an administrator feature and relaunch the game.
Fix 3: Untick DLC Content
If the issue persists, then you should untick DLC content that does not have file size beside it. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library->right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2-> Properties.
- Now select the DLC tab->untick content that does not have File size and relaunch the game.
- If the issue is not solved, undo the changes and move to the next fix.
Fix 4: Repair Game Files
Sometimes verifying the game files will help you to escape from the same issue, and you can play the game smoothly. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library-> right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2-> select Properties->Local Files tab-> Verify integrity of game files and complete the process.
- Choose Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II-> select the Settings icon next to Play button-> click on Scan and Repair and relaunch the game after the process.
Fix 5: Update the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should check and update your game to the latest version and launch the game again.
These are all about the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Files 33/39/45 Failed To Validate & Will Be Reacquired issue and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.