The third installment of the Baldur’s Gate Series, Baldur’s Gate 3 released recently with much fanfare. This game offers both single-player and cooperative multiplayer mode where players can create and build a party to explore an epic campaign in the next-generation Dungeons & Dragons RPG game. But few players pointed out that while they try to enjoy the game they end up with the Vulkan Error: DEVICE_LOST issue. Like any other PC games Baldur’s Gate 3 is not free from errors, preventing players from enjoying the game.
Anyway, luckily there are few solutions available there to resolve Baldur’s Gate 3 Vulkan Error and help you to continue the gameplay without said issue. Here in the below section we have gathered a few surefire solutions that might resolve Vulkan Error quickly and pave the way to play the game smoothly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Update Driver
If you are facing the Vulkan Error: DEVICE_LOST issue in Baldur’s Gate 3, then you should check and update your Graphics driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Open Device Manager menu, open Display adapters section, right-click on your Graphics driver and click on Update driver from the sub-menu.
- Once done, check if the discussed error persists or not.
Fix 2: Install Vulkan Driver
As per some players, they resolved the Vulkan error by installing the latest NVIDIA’s Beta Vulkan driver. So we also recommend the same effective trick in your case as well. To do so,
- Go to the NVIDIA Beta Vulkan driver webpage and select the file compatible with your device.
- Then download and install the files on your system and relaunch the game.
- If you get a pop-up to update the driver, ignore it and try to play the game smoothly.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
Sometimes the corrupted game files might be the reason behind Vulkan error in Baldur’s Gate 3. In this case, you should repair the game files and relaunch the game to get smooth performance. To do so,
- Open Steam, go to the Library, right-click on the Baldur’s Gate 3 icon and choose the option Properties.
- Then click on the Local Files section and click on the Verify integrity of game files option and relaunch the game.
Fix 4: Launch the Game in DirectX11
Another solution you can try is launching the game in Dx11 and this might help you to resolve Vulkan error smoothly. To do so,
- Open Steam, in the Library, right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 and choose its Properties option.
- Then inside the new screen, under Launch Options, type, -dx11 and save the changes.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see the issue fixed in your case.
Fix 5: Disable Overclocking
Overclocking your GPU to get a better gaming experience, then it might be causing Baldur’s Gate 3 Vulkan Error. In this scenario you can disable the overclock feature and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Disable Overlays
If still the Vulkan error is still bothering you then you should disable Overlays and start the game again.
In GeForce Experience– Open GeForce Experience, select Settings, disable the toggle beside In-game overlay option.
In Discord- Open Discord, select Settings icon, click on Overlay option and turn off toggle beside Enable in-game overlay and relaunch the game.
These are the top solutions you can try to resolve Baldur’s Gate 3 Vulkan Error as early as possible.