Arma Reforger is the latest game in a long-running military simulation series that allows players to fight for dominance over the incredible 51 km² incredible island of Everon in a Cold War setting. Game developer Bohemia Interactive launches Reforger with new features and a thrilling experience. But some players complained that they could not enjoy the game due to a crashing or lagging issue and are worried about it.
The same problem can have many causes, such as corrupted game files, incorrect installation and many more. If you are struggling to run the game on your system, you can rely on this article to get all the effective and possible solutions to solve the same issue. Then let’s have a look.
- Disable unwanted Apps/Programs running in the system background.
- Temporarily disable Antivirus
- Install the latest Game patch
- Check System Requirement
These are the basic trick you can try to solve your problem, but if it does not solve it, then go to the solutions given below in detail.
Fix 1: Launch as Admin
The first try to resolve the Arma Reforger crashing or lagging issue is launching the game with all the administrator privileges. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the Arma Reforger installation folder, right-click on the Arma Reforger.exe file and select its Properties from the sub-menu.
- On the new screen, click on the Compatability tab from the top menu and tick the checkbox beside the option Run this program as an administrator.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see the issue get resolved.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes simply updating the graphics driver will help you to resolve the Arma Reforger crashing or shuttering issue quickly. To do so,
- Firstly, you can launch the Device Manager window on your computer screen and expand the section Display adapters.
- Then select and right-click on your Graphics driver and choose the Update driver option.
- Finally, restart the system and see the error eliminated from your system.
Fix 3: Check Game Files Integrity
If any game files get damaged while installing the game app, it will not allow you to launch the game on your system. The best effective solution is to check the integrity of the game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, go to its Library and select the Arma Reforger icon.
- Right-click on the Arma Reforger and choose the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- Inside the new screen, select the Local Files and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
- Once done, restart the system and see if the issues appear again on your system or not.
Fix 4: Disable Overlays
Overlays are helpful to improve the performance of the game, but sometimes the feature may adversely affect the game and lead to crashing or lagging issues. In this case, you need to disable in-game overlays and launch the game. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience, select Settings and click on the Turn off In-game overlay option.
- Firstly, open Discord, select Settings, click on the Overlay and Turn off Enable in-game overlay.
Note: In addition, you can turn off third-party overlays as well.
Fix 5: Update Windows
It is important to keep your Windows up-to-date to maintain and improve system performance. If not, it can lead to many problems and ruin the smooth gaming experience. To escape from this mess, you need to update Windows as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu and click on the Windows update option from the list.
- From the new screen, click on the Check for updates button and complete the procedure.
- Finally, restart the system and check whether the issue is troubling you again or not.
Fix 6: Disable Overclocking
Disabling the overclocking option is another way to fix the Arma Reforger crashing or freezing issue. Overclocking improves game performance, but it can sometimes cause serious problems in the game and cause it to crash or freeze. So disable overclocking feature and resume the gameplay.
Fix 7: Lower Graphics Settings
In most cases, high-resolution games may not be compatible with your system and cause a slew of problems. In this instance, go to the Graphics menu, reduce all of the settings in the list and switch to Windowed Mode.
Fix 8: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
We strongly advise that installing the latest version of Visual C ++ Redistributable will help you avoid Arma Reforger Low FPS or Black Screen issues. To do so,
- Firstly, open the browser and go to the Visual C ++ Redistributable web page.
- On the new screen, select and download the x64 and x86 files on your system.
- Once done, install the downloaded files and relaunch the game.
Fix 9: Install DirectX
At times installing the DirectX will help you to escape from the Arma Reforger crashing or not launching issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open the browser and go to the DirectX official web page.
- Then choose your language and click on the Download tab from the screen.
- Once downloaded, install it on your system and see if the issue is irritating your again or not.
Fix 10: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should uninstall the Arma Reforger from your system. Once done, reinstall the game from a relevant source and see the issue resolved from your system.
These are all about the Arma Reforger Crashing, Freezing, Lagging or Not Launching issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.