Focus Entertainment recently launched a strategic real time squad based action game, Aliens Dark Descent. The game is set in the iconic Alien universe where players are tasked to lead a squad to stop terrifying Xenomorph outbreak on Planet Lethe. But few players are not able to run the game on their system due to heavy crashing or lagging issues.
If you are also facing the same issue and prevented from enjoying the game, then you can follow this article to all the possible solutions. Go through the fixes listed in this article and check which one helps to resolve Aliens Dark Descent crashing issue effectively. Have a look.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
As a first attempt to resolve Aliens Dark Descent crashing or not launching issue is running the game with admin access.
- Open Aliens Dark Descent installation folder, right-click on AliensDarkDescent.exe file and click on Properties.
- Then choose the Compatibility tab, tick Run this program as an administrator option and click on the OK button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see if the game is running smoothly or not.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes updating your graphics driver might help you to resolve crashing or lagging issues in Aliens Dark Descent game. To do so,
- Open Device Manager screen, expand Display adapters section, right-click on the Graphics driver you choose to run the game, select Update driver from the sub-menu.
- Then restart the game and see your issue is resolved.
Fix 3: Repair Game Files
In some cases, corrupted game files might cause the game to crash unexpectedly. In this case, you should repair the game files and relaunch the game.
- Open Steam, from Library right-click on Aliens: Dark Descent and select Properties.
- Then choose the Local Files option and click on the Verify integrity of game files and relaunch the game to see whether the issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 4: Launch the Game Using Dedicated Graphics Card
You can also try to launch the game using a dedicated graphics card to resolve the discussed issue in Aliens: Dark Descent.
- Open Graphics Settings window and select the Graphics Performance Preference option.
- Then click on the Browse button, go to Aliens: Dark Descent installation folder and add it to the list.
- Open the game from the list, click on three dots, select Options and choose High Performance from the new screen and relaunch the game.
Fix 5: Disable Overlays
As per some experts’ suggestion, simply disabling overlays features might help you to resolve crashing or lagging issues in Aliens: Dark Descent.
In GeForce Experience– Open GeForce Experience, click on Settings icon and switch off In-game Overlay feature.
In Discord– Open Discord, choose Settings, click on Overlay and switch off Enable in-game overlay option.
Fix 6: Launch the Game in DirectX 11
Another solution you can try is to launch Aliens: Dark Descent in dx11. To do so
- Open Steam, go to the Library, right-click on Aliens: Dark Descent and choose Properties.
- Then select the General tab and type “-dx11” under the Launch Options section and relaunch the game.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above fixes help you then you should uninstall the game and reinstall its latest version from the reliable source on your system.
These are the quick and easy solutions you can try to resolve Aliens: Dark Descent crashing or lagging issues. Along with the fixes you can install the latest game patches and update your system.