A Plague Tale: Requiem is the story of Amicia and Hugo De Rune’s heart-wrenching journey into a cruel and breathtaking world, discovering the cost of saving the ones you love in a desperate fight for survival. Players in the game will have more freedom to roam around the open environment and are tasked with unleash the mysterious world using a variety of weapons and supernatural powers. But few players are not happy with the game as they cannot explore this mysterious island due to crashing or lagging issue.
If you are also struggling to embark with Amicia and Hugo De Rune on the new journey then you can follow this article. Here we have listed a few solutions to resolve your A Plague Tale: Requiem crashing or not launching issue quickly. Then let’s have a look.
- Install latest game patch
- Update Windows
- Close unnecessary background running programs/services
- Disable Antivirus
- Check System Requirement
Sometimes these basics solutions will help you solve your problem; if not, you should go for the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Check Game Files
Sometimes a few files get lost or corrupted while installing the game on your system, which can lead to crashing or lagging issues. In this case, you can repair the game files and restart the game. To do so,
- Open Steam->choose Library-> right-click on A Plague Tale: Requiem icon-> select Properties.
- Then choose Local Files-> click on Verify integrity of game files option, complete the procedure and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Run as Admin
If A Plague Tale: Requiem starts crashing or freezing at your startup screen, then you should run the game as an administrator. To do so,
- Open game installation folder->right-click on A Plague Tale: Requiem.exe file and select Properties.
- And select Compatibility tab->tick beside Run this program as an administrator and relaunch the game to see the improvement.
Fix 3: Update Driver
If the issue persists, you can update your graphics driver. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->expand Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver->click on the Update driver relaunch the game.
Fix 4: Lower Graphics Settings
A Plague Tale: Requiem is designed with superior visual effects and high-end graphics, which can sometimes be incompatible with your system and lead to crashing or lagging issues. In this case, you need to lower the in-game graphics settings and switch to windowed mode. Now you can try playing the game again and see if the problem persists or not.
Fix 5: Install DirectX
At times, installing the DirectX package will help you to escape from the low FPS and Black Screen issue in A Plague Tale: Requiem. To do so,
- Open DirectX->select Language->click on Download button.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check for the said issues.
Fix 6: Disable Overlays
In some cases, disabling the overlay feature can be an effective solution to get rid of A Plague Tale: Requiem crash or not launching issue.
- In GeForce Experience– Click on Settings-> turn off toggle next to In-game overlay option and start the game.
- In Discord– Click on Settings->Overlay option-> turn off toggle next to Enable in-game overlay option and start the game.
Fix 7: Disable Overclocking
If you have enabled the game overclocking feature, you need to disable it. Once done, restart the game to see if the crashing or lagging issue persists.
Fix 8: Run the Game on Dedicated GPU
In most cases running the game using a dedicated GPU will resolve the crashing or stuttering issue in A Plague Tale: Requiem. To do so.
- Open Graphics Settings page-> click on Graphics Performance Preference-> Browse-> go to game installation-> choose A Plague Tale: Requiem.exe file and add it to the list.
- Now click on the three dots beside A Plague Tale: Requiem.exe file-> select Options->click on High Performance.
- Finally, you can launch the game and start the gameplay without any issues.
Fix 9: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
Another solution you can try is reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable on your system. To do so,
- Open Visual C++ Redistributable-> choose and download x64, x86 files and install then on your system.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see the discussed issue bothers you again or not.
Fix 10: Launch in Dx11
At times launching the game in Dx11 will resolve the crashing or not launching issue in A Plague Tale: Requiem. To do so,
- Open Steam->select Library->right-click on A Plague Tale: Requiem-> choose its Properties.
- And select General tab->type -dx11 under Launch Options and save the changes.
- Finally, run the game on your system and see the result.
Fix 11: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help you, then you can uninstall the game and reinstall its latest version on your system. Now you might be able to run the game on your system without any issues.
These are about the A Plague Tale: Requiem Crashing, Lagging, Low FPS, Freezing or Not Launching issue on PC. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.