Farming Simulator 22 is a recently released video game that lets you experience the real world of farming. The game is now available on Xbox and PC. Unfortunately, some players encounter some bugs and glitches in the game. Some players have complained that while they launch the game, an unexpected Farming Simulator 22 Error Could Not Init 3D System Shader Model 6.0 Is Required prompt appeared on the screen.
If you’re in the same boat, do not worry; this is not an unresolved error. In this article, we have listed some definitive solutions for the same error. So, we can go to the solutions given below and solve the issue quickly without wasting much time. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Launch the Game with DirectX 11:
As a first resort to fix the “Farming Simulator 22 Error Could Not Init 3D System Shader Model 6.0 Is Required” you need to run the game in DirectX 11. This trick has helped several players so that you can try this in the first place. to do so,
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and go to its Library.
- Then select and double-click on Farming Simulator 22 and click on the Properties option.
- Now click on the GENERAL tab and select LAUNCH OPTIONS.
- There in the text box, type -dx11 and close the window.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the said issue is eliminated or not.
Fix 2: Edit Game .xml file:
Another solution to the “Farming Simulator 22 Error Could Not Init 3D System Shader Model 6.0 Is Required” issue is to edit the game .xml file in Notepad. To do so,
- Firstly, open File Explorer and go to the following path,
This PC->Local Disc (C:)->Users->Test->Documents->My Games-> FarmingSimulator22
- Then from the list of files, right-click on the game.xml file and open it with Notepad.
- In the Notepad locate <renderer> D3D_12</renderer>
- Instead of D3D_12, you need to edit the value “D3D_11″.
- Once done, click on the File option from the top of the screen, select the Save option to save all the changes.
- Now relaunch the game and check the issue is resolved or not.
- If not, then again, change the value to “D3D_10″ and check for improvement.
- Now the said issue might get resolved for you.
Fix 3: Update the Graphics driver:
If the “Farming Simulator 22 Error Could Not Init 3D System Shader Model 6.0 Is Required” issue arises again and again, then you need to update your Graphics driver. Sometimes an outdated or damaged graphics driver can cause this error. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in the search box and open the relevant search result.
- Then inside the Device Manager, click on Display adapters to expand it.
- Now right-click on the Graphics driver and select the Update driver option.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the said issue is resolved.
Fix 4: Exclude the game folder in the Antivirus:
At times the antivirus installed on the system might interfere with the games and result in several errors and glitches. Here you need to exclude the game folder from the antivirus and check if it helps in your case. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether to open the Settings app.
- Then select the Update & Security option and click on Windows Security from the left pane menu.
- Now click on Virus & threat protection from the right side of the screen.
- In the newly opened window, click on Manage settings under the Virus & threat protection settings.
- On the next window, scroll down and click on add or remove exclusions under the Exclusions section.
- Then click Add an extension button and select Farming Simulator 22 folder and add it to the list.
- Once done, restart the game and check the said issue is resolved or not.
At the end of this article, we hope you escaped from the Farming Simulator 22 Error Could Not Init 3D System Shader Model 6.0 Is Required issue. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.