Windows 11 was launched with more exciting features, while Microsoft relinquished some handy features in their new Operating System, which was popular in older versions of Windows. One such important feature is the Drag and Drop app feature in the taskbar. This is one of the best features for dragging files to open with a running application.
Nowadays, many Windows 11 users complain that they have lost the ability to drag and drop applications into their taskbar. Fortunately, you all now have an option; a small tool has come up on GitHub to help you use the missing feature. Anyway, in this article, we will teach you how to activate the drag and drop activity in the Windows 11 taskbar. Let’s have a look.
Easy steps to Enable Drag and Drop in Taskbar on Windows 11:
You can follow the below-given steps to activate the drag and drop feature in Windows 11 Taskbar,
- Firstly, go to the Official website of GitHub.
- Then click on the Windows11DragAndDropToTaskbarFix.exe link and save the files on your system.
- And right-click over the saved file and select Run as administrator from the drop-down menu.
- Now in the newly prompt, click on Yes to continue.
- Once done, you are now allowed to drag a file to the app tab and drop it on the running application.
Steps to activate the tool run automatically:
In addition, to enable the drag and drop feature, you can also activate the tool to run automatically. to do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + E to launch File Explorer.
- Then go to the dragdrop folder and open it.
- Now click on the New option and select Text Document from the drop-down menu.
- There rename the folder as Windows11DragAndDropToTaskbarFixConfig.txt and click on Enter button.
- Then open the text file with Notepad and type or copy, then paste the following command to activate the tool to run at startup.
- Again in the Notepad, type or copy, then paste the following command to hide the console window,
- Then click on the File and select the Save option.
- Once done, hereafter, the tool will run automatically.
The drag and drop feature in Windows is a handy feature to ease users’ workload. If you cant use the same feature in your Windows 11, then the above-given steps will help you within no time. If you have any queries or doubts, after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.