Hibernate mode in Windows is a very helpful feature that allows users to completely shut down the system while saving their work. As well as, Hibernate Mode lets you pick up where you left off the next time you restart your system. Unfortunately, many Windows 11 users do not know how to enable the Hibernate Power option, so they are unable to use its service.
However, in this article, we will teach you how to enable or disable the Hibernate Power option in Windows 11. We have provided the exact steps to use the Hibernate Power option and to simplify your system operation. Let’s look into the steps,
Define Hibernate Mode:
Both Hibernate Mode and Sleep mode are Power saving mode or Standby mode used in the systems. Sleep mode saves open documents and apps in RAM, while Hibernate mode saves open documents and apps to a file stored on the hard drive. Another advantage of the Hibernate mode is that it uses less power than the sleep mode. Although, both modes enable some advanced features in the system and make it easier to complete daily tasks.
Steps to Enable and Disable Hibernate Power Option in Windows 11:
- Firstly, go to the Start menu, type Control panel in the search box, and open relevant search results.
- Then inside the Control Panel window, select the System and Security section.
- Now in the System and Security window, click on Change what the power buttons do link under the Power Options.
- In the newly opened window, click on the Change Settings that are currently unavailable link.
- On the next opened window, tick the checkbox beside the option Hibernate under the Shutdown settings.
- Once done, click on the Save changes tab. Now you are done and can utilize the features of Hibernation Mode.
In order to Disable the Hibernate option, you need to untick the checkbox beside the Hibernate option under the Shutdown settings in the Power Options window.
How to use Hibernate option in Windows 11:
You can find the enabled Hibernate option by clicking on the Power button. Above the Shutdown and Restart option, you can see Hibernate option.
Similarly, right-clicking on the Start menu, click on Shut down or sign out from the sub-menu and select Hibernate.
So these are all about to Enable and Disable Hibernate Power Option in Windows 11. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.