Lately, a few Windows 11 users have been complaining about the dxgmms2.sys error, which causes their system to restart unexpectedly. One of the most common hurdles with the dxgmms2.sys BSOD error is preventing users from playing their favorite game. Although BSOD errors are not something new to Windows users, but if you ignore them, they can lead to more complex issues.
There must be different causes for the same error, such as an outdated graphics driver, a malfunctioning BIOS, and so on. Just as we can find a lot of causes for this issue, we can find a lot of solutions as well. Suppose you are also getting the dxgmms2.sys BSOD error, then you will get all the possible solutions here. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Update Driver:
The prime attempt to isolate the dxgmms2.sys BSOD error in your Windows 11 is updating your Graphics driver. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘device’ in your Window 11 search box and open the Device Manager window on your screen.
- Then click on the Display adapters section to expand it.
- Now right-click on your Graphics driver and select the Update driver from the sub-menu.
- Finally, restart the system and see the BSOD error disappear from your screen.
Fix 2: Update BIOS:
Another solution to overcoming the dxgmms2.sys BSOD error is to update your BIOS. To do so, go to your motherboard manufacturer’s official website to see the latest drivers and updates. From there, you can download and install the latest version on your system by following the on-screen instructions.
Fix 3: Use DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
Sometimes running the DirectX diagnostic tool might help to remove the dxgmms2.sys BSOD error from your Windows 11. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + R altogether to open the RUN dialog box, type dxdiag in the text box, and press OK.
- Then click on the Display tab from the top menu and see something written in the Notes section.
- If you see any issue reported in the Notes section, then you need to reinstall the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer on your system at the earliest.
- Finally, restart the system and see the issue disappear from your computer screen.
Fix 4: Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Utility:
In some cases, the main reason for the dxgmms2.sys BSOD error in Windows 11 may be malfunctioning memory. In this case, you need to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to get rid of it. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Start menu, and in the search box, type Windows Memory Diagnostic and open the top result.
- Then, click on the Restart now and check for the problems option on the newly opened screen.
- Now your system restarts automatically, and you will receive a status message. Here you can see any issue detected during the process.
Fix 5: Disable Hardware Acceleration:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to disable the hardware acceleration. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + R altogether to open the RUN dialog box, type regedit in the text box, and press OK.
- Inside the Windows Registry, go to the following path,
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Avalon.Graphics
- Then right-click on the white space and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value and rename it as DisableHWAcceleration.
- Now open the DisableHWAcceleration, set the Value data as 1, and save the changes.
- Finally, restart the system and see you escaped from the dxgmms2.sys BSOD error.
These are all about the dxgmms2.sys BSOD error on Windows 11 and its fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.