Recently, many players complained that while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, the game crashes with Dev Error 356, leaving them frustrated and completely kicked out of the game. The same error not only crashes the game, but also leads to losing the unsaved date players worked on during that time.
If you are also suffering from Dev Error 356 in your Modern Warfare 2, don’t worry, there are several things you can try to resolve the same. You can check out the solutions listed below to resolve your issue quickly and effectively. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Verify Game Files
The first try to resolve Dev Error 356 in Modern Warfare 2 is verifying the integrity of game files. To do so,
Open Steam-> Library-> right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2-> Properties-> Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Open Modern Warfare 2-> click on Settings icon near Play button->click on Scan and Repair option and, continue with the process.
Fix 2: Disable Overlays
If you have enabled the Overlay feature, you might encounter the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 356 issue. In this case, you can disable Overlays and relaunch the game smoothly.
- In GeForce Experience– Click on the Settings icon-> turn off the In-game overlay option and relaunch the game.
- In Discord– Click on Settings icon->Overlay-> turn off Enable in-game overlay option and relaunch the game.
Fix 3: Launch in Compatibility Mode
Sometimes running the game in Compatibility Mode will allow you to resolve the same error. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Modern Warfare 2->Properties->Local Files-> Browse Local Files.
- Then go to the game installation folder-> right-click on Modern Warfare 2.exe file->Properties-> select Compatibility tab-> under Compatibility section-> tick Run this program in compatibility mode for and select your operating system version.
Fix 4: Restart Shaders Cache
If the error persists, you need to restart Shaders Cache. To do so,
- Open Modern Warfare 2->Settings->Graphics->Display Menu->select Restart Shaders Optimization and start the game.
Fix 5: Update the Driver
If your graphics driver is outdated, then also you will encounter Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 356 issue. Here you can check and update your driver to resolve the same. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver->Update driver and relaunch the game.
Fix 6: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions does help you, then you should uninstall the game, and reinstall it from a reliable source and start the game.
These are all about the Dev Error 356 issue in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.