Destiny 2 Lightfall is the seventh expansion for Bugies’ shooter game Destiny 2. The game allows players to explore the new destination Neomuna and try out the new Strand subclass.
But some players complain that the CAT error code causes troubles and prevents them from running the game. It’s usual that a game as big as this might encounter technical errors, so don’t worry about it.
Anyway, in this article, we have listed some solutions that will help you to fix Error Code Cat from Destiny 2 Lightfall effectively and quickly. Then let’s have a look.
What is Cat Error Code in Destiny 2 Lightfall
The prime cause of the Cat error code in Destiny 2 Lightfall is the game files. It means that the current updated files are not installed in the existing game files. The error appears at the startup of the game screen.
Fixes for the Destiny 2 Lightfall Cat Error Code
Fix 1: Verify Game Files
The first solution you can try to resolve the Destiny 2 Lightfall Cat Error Code is verifying the game files. To do so,
- Open Steam, go to the Library and right-click in Destiny 2 Lightfall and click on Properties.
- Then select the Local Files tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files option and start the game.
In Epic Games,
- Open Epic Games, go to its Library and click on Destiny 2 Lightfall.
- Then select the Manage option and click on the Verify option and start the game.
In PlayStation 5,
- Launch PlayStation Network Profile and go to the Game tab.
- Then select Destiny 2 Lightfall and click on Options.
- Now locate and click Check for Update ,and complete the process and start the game.
In PlayStation 4,
- Launch PlayStation Network Profile and click on the D-pad.
- Then select the Notification menu and go to the Downloads menu.
- Then you can select the Destiny update files and start the game.
- Sign in to your Microsoft Account and go to the Xbox Home menu.
- Then select My Games and click on Apps.
- And choose the Manage and Update option and select Destiny 2 Lightfall.
- Once the process get completed, relaunch the game and see the error solved for you.
Fix 2: Restart the Game
Sometimes restarting the game can help you fix the cat error code in Destiny 2 Lightfall. You can close the game and launch it again after restarting the system.
Fix 3: Install the Latest Game Patch
Another solution you can try is to install the latest game patch released by the game developer. You can check and update the game to its latest version and start the game.
Fix 4: Reinstall the Game
In most cases, you need to uninstall the game and related files from your system and then reinstall it on your system. This process may install the latest game files, and you can launch the game without any issues.
These are the best solutions that you can try to fix Destiny 2 Lightfall Cat error code and you can play the game without any problems.