It’s time to immerse yourself in the thrilling sci-fi survival-horror classic Dead Space to uncover the dark secrets behind the events of USG Ishimura. This remake delivers stunning visuals, suspenseful atmospheric audio, and genre-defining strategic gameplay.
But a few players have reported that the game stuttered after an hour of playing, which prevented them from exploring the stunning scientific settings. If you encounter crashing or low FPS problems during gameplay, there is something you can do to fix it.
In this article, we have listed a few practical and quick solutions that you can try to fix the revamped Dead Space crashing problems permanently. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Check System Requirement
Before moving to any solution, you should check the system requirement to run the game smoothly. Once checked, if necessary; you can change the system configuration to play the game without any interruptions.
Fix 2: Update Graphics Driver
Outdated graphics drivers are one of the causes of the Dead Space crashing issue. In this case, you can update the driver and see if the problem persists or not. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> click on Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver-> click on Update driver option and start the game again.
Fix 3: Tweak In-Game Graphics Settings
Another solution you can try is to lower the in-game graphics settings. You can move to the game graphics settings page, and turn down all the settings in the list and switch to Windowed Mode. Once done, launch the game again and see if the problem bothers you again or not.
Fix 4: Use a Dedicated Graphics Card
If the Dead Space stuttered at the startup screen, then you should use a dedicated graphics card to run the game. To do so,
- Open the Graphics Settings page->Graphics Performance Preference option and click on the Browse button.
- Then select Dead Space from its installation folder and add it to the list.
- Now click on three dots beside Dead Space-> select Options-> choose High Performance and relaunch the game.
Fix 5: Repair Game Files
Sometimes the problem is with the corrupted game files. Here you should repair them and see if the issue gets solved or not. To do so,
In EA App,
- Open the EA Desktop app-> My Collection-> click on three dots beside Dead Space and click on the Repair option.
- Open Steam-> Library->right-click on Dead Space->Properties-> Local Files-> Verify integrity of game files and see the result.
Fix 6: Disable Antivirus Program
If the crashing problem in Dead Space persists, you should temporarily disable your antivirus program and relaunch the game. If the game runs smoothly this time, it’s time to switch to a new reliable antivirus program and play the game without interruption.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should uninstall the game completely and reinstall its latest version on your system. Along with this, you can install the latest patch released by the game developer.
These are the top fixes for the Dead Space crashing or stuttering or not launching issue. Additionally, you can update your system and reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributables and DirectX package. You may need to disable background apps and relaunch the game to see the issue gets resolved.