Dambuster Studios has released the latest installment of the Dead Island series Dead Island 2. The story takes place in Los Angeles and the city of San Francisco, where players can engage in battle with different mechanics than its predecessors. But few players have complained of not being able to play the game due to crashing and lagging issues.
If you are struggling to play Dead Island 2 due to crashing or not launching issues, you can follow this article. Here we have collected a few solutions you can apply to solve the problem as quickly as possible. Let’s apply them one by one and see which solutions work in your case.
Fix 1: Update Driver
The first solution you can try is to update your graphics driver. You can go to your graphics card manufacturers official site to check for new updates and install it on your system. Once done, relaunch the game and enjoy it without any issues.
In AMD- go to https://www.amd.com/en/support
In NVIDIA- go to https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/
Fix 2: Repair Game Files
If the game files get corrupted or get damaged, then you will receive crashing or lagging issues. In this case you can repair the game files and start the game.
- Open Epic Games Launcher and navigate to the Library.
- Then select Dead Island 2 and click on the three dots.
- Now click on Manage from the drop list and, click on Verify option and complete the process.
Fix 3: Use Dedicated Graphics GPU
As per some players, laughing the game using dedicated graphics GPU helped them to continue the gameplay smoothly.
- Open Graphics Settings page and go to Graphics Performance Preference option.
- And click on the Browse button and choose Dead Island 2 from the installation folder.
- Then add the game to the list and choose the Three dots beside the game to select Options.
- Now click on the High performance from the new screen and save the settings and launch the game again.
Fix 4: Reinstall DirectX
Sometimes reinstalling the latest version of the DirectX package will allow you to play the game smoothly. To do so,
- Open the DirectX page, choose Language and click the Download button to download the latest updates.
- Then install the game on your system and see the issue persisting in your case.
Fix 5: Disable Overlays
If you have enabled Overlays to enjoy the game, then temporarily disable it from sometime and start the game. This time the game runs smoothly, then continues the gameplay without Overlay features.
In GeForce Experience,
Open GeForce Experience and navigate to its Settings.
Then toggle off beside Enable in-game overlay option and start the game.
Open Discord and navigate to its Settings option.
Then choose the Overlay option and toggle beside In-game overlay and start the game.
Fix 6: Disable Antivirus
Sometimes the problem is with your antivirus program, so disable it for a few minutes and start the game. If the problem is solved, you can switch to a new antivirus program or you need to run the game without antivirus protection.
These are the top solutions you can try to resolve Dead Island 2 Crashing or Not Launching issues on PC. Along with these solutions, you can reinstall the game or launch the game with admin privilege.