In the rapidly changing game world, Red Hook Games finally released Darkest Dungeon 2. The game developer introduces Darkest Dungeon 2 with improved technics and with a different enough structure. However, despite all these advantages, several players comment that Darkest Dungeon 2 is crashing on PC and are frustrated with the inefficiency of game developers to eliminate the issue.
The same issue can have numerous causes, and in this article, we have collected a few solutions to resolve it. Ignoring errors is not always practical, especially when it comes to games, so you can read through to the end of this article to get the most out of getting rid of the Darkest Dungeon 2 crashing problem quickly. Let’s have a look.
- Make sure you have uninterrupted internet connectivity.
- Check if there is something wrong with the game installation.
- Deactivate the antivirus and launch the game. If it runs well, then switch to another reliable Antivirus.
- Make sure unwanted apps and services are not running in the background. Check this through Task Manager; if any apps are running, close it.
Fixes to resolve the Darkest Dungeon 2 crashing on PC:
Fix 1: Install the latest Patch:
The game developers release patches at regular intervals to erase existing errors and bugs in the game and improve gaming performance. Here you need to check if there is any new patch pending to install. Epic Game Launcher will automatically detect new patches for the game and install them when you launch the game. Once you have the latest patch installed, check for improvements.
Fix 2: Disable Overlays:
Overlays are helpful to increase the performance of the game, but sometimes they might interfere with game files and cause the game to crash or freezing issue. So you need to disable the overlays; it will resolve the Darkest Dungeon 2 crashing on PC issue within no time. To do so,
In GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, open the GeForce Experience, and click on the Settings icon from the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the newly opened screen from the right-pane menu, select In-game overlay and toggle Off beside the same.
- Firstly, open Discord and click on the Settings icon from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then inside Settings, select the Overlay and then select the option Enable in-game overlay.
- Now to disable the overlay, toggle Off beside the Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 3: Run SFC Scan:
Darkest Dungeon 2 is more likely to crash or freeze if any system files get corrupted or missing. Here the best possible solution is running the SFC scan to detect and repair system files. To do so,
- Firstly, type cmd in the search bar, and from the search results, open Command Prompt with administrative access.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, type or copy then paste the below-given command, and then you can press Enter,
- The scanning process might take a few minutes, according to your system memory.
- Then again, type the following command and press Enter,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once you execute the commands, restart the system and check the crashing issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Update Driver:
Sometimes the Darkest Dungeon 2 crashing on PC issue can occur as a result of an outdated or corrupted Graphics driver. Here, to escape from the same issue, you need to update the driver. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in the search box and open the first search result.
- Then inside the Device Manager window, select and expand Display adapters.
- Now choose the Graphics driver to update, right-click over it and select Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, restart the system and check you can launch the game without any crashing issue.
Fix 5: You can Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
Another solution to tackle the Darkest Dungeon 2 crashing on PC issue is verifying the integrity of game files. If any game files get missed or corrupted, then the game will not launch properly, and sometimes it might crash on the PC. To verify game files,
- Firstly, launch the Epic Game Launcher and select the Library option.
- Then inside the Library, click on Darkest Dungeon 2 and select the three dots under the same.
- Now select Verify option from the sub-menu.
- Once done, check the crashing issue is resolved or not.
Fix 6: Launch the Game with Administrator access:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to launch the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Darkest Dungeon 2 installation folder, select and right-click on the Darkest Dungeon 2.exe file, and select Properties.
- Inside the Darkest Dungeon 2.exe window, from the top menu, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Then tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator and click on the OK button to save the changes.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check the said issue is resolved or not.
At the end of this article, we are quite sure that the Darkest Dungeon 2 crashing on PC issue gets resolved for you. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.