Bluetooth is a well-established high-speed powered wireless technology that allows Bluetooth devices to connect to a short-range of mobiles, laptops and other network devices. Today Bluetooth technology offers great flexibility, accuracy in connectivity and excellent capabilities. In this article, we will discuss how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your laptop.
The steps for connecting your Bluetooth speakers to Windows and Mac laptops are simple. From now on, it is very easy to stream music from your laptop to short-range Bluetooth speakers. Let’s go to the below detailed steps,
Set your Bluetooth pairing mode first before connecting the Bluetooth speaker to the laptop.
To do so,
- Firstly, press and hold the Power button for at least 5-10 seconds.
- If the Bluetooth LED light blinks, which indicates now your Bluetooth speaker is ready to connect.
Connect your Windows to Bluetooth Speakers:
The latest version of Windows OS comes with Bluetooth support connectivity, but if you use the older version, you will need to purchase and install a hardware USB receiver to connect to Bluetooth devices.
To pair a Bluetooth device with Windows 10
- Firstly press Windows + W altogether.
- The Action Center window will appear on the screen; from the list there, select your Bluetooth speaker.
- It will pair automatically, and you are done.
Note: If any confirmation code is required when pairing, you should check the manufacturer’s website or device’s document.
Connect your Mac to Bluetooth Speakers:
You can follow these below-given steps to connect your Mac to Bluetooth speakers,
- Firstly select the Apple menu and click on System Preferences. Or move to the Dock and then click on System Preferences.
- Then in the System Preference screen, select Bluetooth.
- In the devices list, locate your Bluetooth speaker and click on the Connect button beside your device.
- If your Bluetooth device is paired, then you can find Connected under your Bluetooth speakers.
- Once done, you can enjoy the music using your laptop.
Check Bluetooth Settings:
In any case, if your Bluetooth device is not connected or does not show up in your Windows 10, you need to check the Bluetooth settings.
To do so,
- Firstly, in the taskbar search box, type ‘network’ and open Network and Sharing Center from the search list.
- Then in the new screen, click on the Change adapter settings link.
- In the Network Connection window, you can see the paired Bluetooth devices in the Bluetooth Network Connection.
- If you failed to find your Bluetooth speaker there, if that option is greyed out, then you need to right-click over the Bluetooth Network Connection and click on Enabled from the sub-menu.
So this is how you can connect to your Bluetooth speakers or devices to Windows and Mac. If the device does not pair, then you need to update the Bluetooth drivers. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.