Changing your IP address can help you protect your online privacy and gain access to restricted content. However, changing the IP address can be very difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. Do you know you can access restricted content or keep your Internet activities private without using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service? In this post, we will show you how to change your IP address in Windows 10/11 without using a VPN. Then without any delay, go to its details.
What is an IP Address?
An IP address (Internet Protocol address) is a numerical identifier assigned to each device (e.g. computer, printer,) on a computer network that communicates using the Internet Protocol. The basic functions of an IP address are host or network interface identification and location addressing. Although IP addresses are unique numericals, they usually appears in human-readable notations such as XXX.XXX.X.X (in the case of IPv4) and XXXX:XXX:X:XXXX:X:XXX:X:X (in the case of IPv6).
IP addresses uses for many things, including resource sharing, data routing, and other network functions. They are used to identify and locate computers and other network devices. An IP address can be assigned to a single computer or to a group of machines on a network. It allows other computers to communicate with computers on the network. When a computer transmits data over the Internet, its IP address uses to identify the source and destination of the data.
Ways to Change IP Address Without VPN On Windows 10 and 11
Method 1: Choose a Proxy Server
A proxy server acts as a bridge between a client and another server. It can use to provide security and anonymity and provide access to content that may be restricted in a particular region. A proxy server can use to hide a user’s IP address, allowing them to access websites that are prohibited in their country or by their (ISP) Internet service provider.
To set Proxy Server in your Windows, follow these steps,
- Open Settings and choose the Network and Internet option.
- Then select Proxy from the left pane menu and toggle ON beside Use a proxy server option.
- Now type the IP address and Port number of the Proxy server that you need.
- Finally, you can save the changes by click on the Save button.
Method 2: Use ipconfig /renew command
Another try to change your IP Address without VPN service is utilizing the ipconfig /renew command on your system. To do so,
- Open the Command Prompt screen(type “cmd” in the search box) and launch it with admin access.
- Then in the new screen type, ipconfig /release and press Enter key to continue.
- Now type ipconfig /renew in the same screen to gain a new IP address from your network.
- Once done, You can browse with complete privacy.
Method 3: Change Router MAC Address
A MAC address is a unique identification issued to network interfaces for communication between physical network segments It can use to identify a network device. It is often assigned by the manufacturer and stored in the device’s hardware, such as the network adapter. A MAC address usually expressed as a 12-character string of numbers and letters.You can change IP addresses when you change your router or system MAC address. To do so,
- Open Device Manager and expand and right-click on the Network adapters section, then choose Properties.
- Then select the Advanced tab and choose the Network address option.
- Now choose the MAC address under Properties and, set a new Value and click the OK button.
- Finally, your IP Address has been changed now without using VPN.
Method 4: Use Tor Browser
Tor Browser comes to your rescue to browse on internet anonymously. This is possible by routing all traffic through a network of servers known as the Tor network, which hides the user’s IP address and location. This contributes to user privacy and security. Users can also use Tor Browser to access websites and services that gets prohibited in their country or region. It also uses to access the Dark Web, a section of the Internet that is not indexed by search engines.
Changing your IP address on Windows 10 and 11 without using a VPN is a very simple and quick operation that should complet in a few minutes. This can be done without the need for additional software or equipment. All you have to do is follow the instructions listed above and, you will get a new IP address in no time. With a new IP address, you can browse safely and access content that gets blocked in your country.