Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is a free-to-play battle royale game developed by Infinity Ward and Raven Software. The game is the final instalment in the Warzone series featuring an expanded map, new weapons, new game modes and other new content.
Recently, a few players complained that they received an error message “Error Code 2012 – Connection to the Warzone Server has Failed” while trying to run the game.
The same issue can have different reasons, like corrupted game files, network issues and more. If you are suffering from the Warzone 2.0 2012 error code, you can rely on this article to get all possible solutions. Have a look.
Fixes for the Warzone 2.0 Error Code 2012
You can follow these steps to resolve the Warzone 2.0 2012 Error as quickly as possible.
Fix 1: Verify Game Files
If you received the Warzone 2.0 error code 2012 on the startup screen, it could be because the game files are missing or corrupted. Here you can check the integrity of the game files and restart the game. To do so,
- Exit from the game and open the Steam client.
- Then select Library-> right-click on the Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 icon-> choose Properties.
- Now choose Local files-> Verify integrity of game files and relaunch the game.
- Open Battle.net launcher-> My Games-> select Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 and click on the Play button next to the Settings icon.
- Then choose the Scan and Repair option from the sub-menu and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Flush DNS
Another solution you can try is renewing and flushing your DNS. To do so,
- Open the Command Prompt window (type “cmd” in the search box) and open it with admin access.
- Inside the new screen, type these commands one after another,
netsh winsock reset
- Once these commands are executed, you can restart your system and relaunch the game to see the result.
Fix 3: Update the System
Sometimes checking and updating your operating system might help you to troubleshoot Warzone 2.0 2012 errors. Once done, you can relaunch the game and see whether the issue persists.
Fix 4: Disable Antivirus Tool
In most cases, your antivirus program may lead to the Warzone 2.0 2012 error code. Here you should temporarily disable your antivirus program or whitelist the game and then see the problem solved for you.
Fix 5: Reinstall the Game
If all else fails in your case to fix the Warzone 2.0 2012 error, you should uninstall the game and reinstall its latest version and see if the error gets fixed.
These are the most reliable solutions you can apply to solve the Warzone 2.0 2012 error code. In addition, you should make sure that your graphics driver and other system drivers are updated.