Back 4 Blood now has millions of players and fans around the world. Lately, several players have reported an error while playing the game. According to the players, they encountered a ‘UE4-Gobi fatal error’, preventing them from enjoying the game further.
There are several reasons for the same error, such as incompatible graphics cards, overclocked GPU and many more. If you are also suffering from the same error, then you can follow this article till the end to get possible solutions to get rid of this issue. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: You need to Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
If you are encountering the Back 4 Blood UE4-Gobi fatal error, you can verify the integrity of game files as a first attempt to resolve the same issue. To verify the integrity, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and go to LIBRARY.
- Therefrom the list, select and right-click over Back 4 Blood and click on Properties.
- In the next window, select the Local Files option and click on Verify integrity of game files option
- Once done, restart the game and check for improvement.
Fix 2: Update Graphics Driver:
If your game is not running smoothly, you need to check the graphics driver installed on your system. Suppose the graphics driver is outdated or corrupted; your game might not run smoothly and may show some inconsistencies. Here you need to update the driver, and you can follow the steps below to update your driver.
- Firstly, right-click over the Start button and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Then inside the Device Manager, select and expand the option Display adapters section.
- Now right-click over the Graphics driver and click on Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- You can go to the Manufacture’s official website of your Graphics driver (AMD, NVIDIA).
- Then select the latest driver suitable to your system and download and install it on your system.
If you find the manual update time-consuming, you can depend on any third-party automatic driver updating tool. There are several such updating tools available online; select a reliable one among them.
Fix 3: Turn Off Overlays
Another solution to resolve the ‘UE4-Gobi fatal error’ on Back 4 Blood is disabling overlays like Discord and GeForce Experience. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
For GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, launch GeForce Experience, and then at the upper right corner, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now on the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the In-game overlay option,
- Firstly, launch Discord and click on the cogwheel icon from the bottom left corner of the screen,
- Now from the left-pane menu, click on Overlay.
- Further from the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the option Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 4: Install the Latest Game Patch:
The game developers regularly release game patches to erase existing bugs and errors. Here to get rid of the Back 4 Blood Fatal Error UE4-Gobi Game, you can install the latest patches. In case any new patch is available, Epic Games and Steam Launcher will automatically detect it, then download and install it when you launch the game.
Fix 5: Perform System Clean Boot:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to clean boot your system. while clean boot your system, your system will run with minimum services and programs. To perform a clean boot, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, in the taskbar search box, type ‘system configuration’ and launch the first search result.
- Now in the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab and tick beside the option Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable all tab and OK.
- Then move to the Startup tab from the top horizontal menu and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- In the Task Manager, go to the Startup tab, select all startup services from the list, and click on Disable.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved or not. If yes, then again go to the System Configuration window, select the Services tab and enable all the services one by one until you find the problematic item from the list. Once found, remove it from your system permanently.
- Now check for improvement.
So these are all about the UE4-Gobi Fatal Error on Back 4 Blood and its potential fixes. In addition to all these, you can disable the antivirus installed on your system. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.