Atomic Heart is an exciting adventure game published by Mundfish and released with great fanfare. But like any other online game, Atomic Heart also succumbed to errors and bugs.
As we said, quite a few players complained that they couldn’t enjoy the game due to crashing and flawless widescreen issues.
If you are getting the same errors, then you can read this article till the end and solve the issue smoothly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Check System Requirement
The first step to resolving the crashing issue in Atomic Heart is to check and make sure your system is configured with the minimum requirement to run the game.
Fix 2: Update Driver
If your graphics driver is corrupt or outdated, you may experience crashing or lagging issues in Atomic Heart. Here you should update your graphics driver to the latest version and start the game. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> Display adapters-> right-click on the Graphics driver, click on the Update driver option from the sub-menu and complete the process.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game and enjoy it well.
Fix 3: Verify Game Files
If there is any problem with the game files, the game won’t launch on your PC. At this time, repair your game files and start the game. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library-> right-click on Atomic Heart-> Properties-> Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files option, and see the issue resolved for you.
Fix 4: Lower Graphic Settings
As we know, Atomic Heart is developed with high graphics and visual effects, so there is a chance of conflicting with your system configuration. Here you need to lower the in-game graphics settings by going to the graphics settings page and lower all the settings in the list.
Fix 5: Close Background Running Apps
Another solution you can try is disabling all unwanted apps/services running in the background of the system. To do so,
- Open Task Manager-> Processes tab-> right-click on unwanted services and click on the End task option.
Fix 6: Disable Antivirus
Sometimes your antivirus tool interferes with the game and causes a crash or stuttering problem. In this case, you need to temporarily disable the antivirus program and start the game.
Fix 7: Disable Flawless Widescreen
In most cases, the Atomic Heart crashing issue is caused by Flawless Widescreen implementation. In this case, you need to disable it or at least turn off the Scanning Fix option and restart the game to see if the problem is fixed; otherwise, Add a FOV slider
Steps to Increase FOV in Atomic Heart on PC with Flawless Widescreen
Note: If you want to increase FOV in Atomic Heart on PC with Flawless Widescreen then follow these steps,
- Download Flawless Widescreen on your PC and run the installer.
- Then open the program and from the Installed Plugin choose Atomic Heart.
- Now under the Installed Plugin section, click on Atomic Heart, and a list of options will appear on the right side of the screen.
- From there find In-Game FOV – Fine Adjustment option and adjust the slider to maximum.
- This time you will be able to play the game smoothly.
These are the steps to resolve the Crashing, Shuttering or Flawless Widescreen Issue in Atomic Heart. If you are still facing a crashing issue, uninstall and reinstall the game on your system, and see if that helps you or not.